Similar but different: segregated funds and mutual fundsChambre de la sécurité financière
At a glance, segregated funds might seem similar to mutual funds. However, once you compare these two products, you will understand how different they are.
This training activity will provide a description of each of these funds, as well as applicable legislation, the parties involved, the kinds of protection offered, their advantages and disadvantages, relevant fees and remuneration, the documents to be delivered to clients, their distribution, and their advantages and disadvantages. As a reference tool, you’ll find these elements of comparison listed in a table.
- Hone your knowledge of each product’s features
- Properly explain each product to your client
- Make recommendations that fit the client’s situation while taking into account the financial, legal, and tax consequences of the product selected.
This training activity is specifically for advisors in:
- Insurance of persons
- Mutual funds
Features of this training activity
- Online training activity including tool and quizzes.
- Duration: 3 hours.
- Multiple-choice summative evaluation to be completed online. Passing mark: 60%.
- Prerequisite: none.
Code CSF 56903L1AN
PDU distribution 1 PDU in insurance of persons 1 PDU in mutual funds 1 PDU in compliance
Member rate 108
Guest rate 150
IQPF code IQPF21-06-0002-G
IQPF UFC count 3